Welcome to 3K
Teacher: Mrs. Medina
Teacher Assistant: Mrs. Mary
Teacher Aide: Mrs.C
Arrival: 8:30 am
Dismissal: 2:50 pm
Click the link below for the April Daily Heath Screening Document. It MUST be completed every morning before 8:30am.
April’s unit will focus on care. We will have the opportunity to explore ideas related to caring for self, others and the world around us.
Essential Question: How do my actions impact growth and change?
Key Vocabulary: action, appear, attitude, bathe, broom, clean, comfortable, cook, dentist, dustpan, emergency, emotions, equipment, expression, feed, feel, feelings, fix, gardener, help, hospital, kind, mechanic, medicine, nurse, office, plant, respect, sick, soap, spatula, sponge, stethoscope, thoughtful, tools, veterinarian, wash, whisk
Please see below some activities you can do with your child at home:
- Talk about dental health with your child and the importance of brushing your teeth and eating healthy foods.
- Complete the teeth chart
- Talk about how we can take care of others.
- Talk about how we can take care of the world, how can we recycle. What are some of the objects we can recycle?
- How can we care for our pets at home?
- Classes will resume Monday, April 12th.
- Blankets go home on Fridays to be washed, please send in a clean blanket on Mondays.
- Health Screenings must be completed daily.
- If your child is absent Health Screening still needs to be completed.
- If your child is absent please call the office or email and let them know that your child will not be in.
- If you are able to, please send in the following donations for the class ( it is greatly appreciated):
- Lysol wipes ( Clorox wipes, disinfectant wipes)
- Baby wipes
- Paper Towels
- Zip lock bags
- Lysol Spray ( disinfectant spray)
Pre-K Director ( Mrs. Tellstone): 718 846 0912
Nurse’s phone number: 718 846 0741
Mrs. Medina 3K Schedule -Room 1
8:30- 8:45 Arrival
9:05-9:15 Morning Meeting
9:15-10:30 Center Time
10:30-11:30 Gross Motor
11:30-11:45 Read Aloud
11:45- 12:15 Lunch
12:15-1:15 Rest Time
1:15-2:15 Center Time
* Specials: Gym is on Wednesdays and Art is on Thursdays