Click below for both school calendar and weekly updated homework.
Class 1-1 Mrs. Santamaria
Please click below on new homework sheet.
Week of Monday, April 15, 2019 -Wednesday, April 17, 2019
School Hours 8:00a.m.-3:00p.m.
Welcome to the first grade homework page, it’s going to be a great year full of new friends, new adventures, and new discoveries.
Schedule for Weekly Specials: *all special subjects or activities are subject to change without notice
Important reminders of the week:
- Daily Home Reading Logs due: Monday, April 15th!
- Daily Home Reading Reminder: Part of the homework grade is for your child to read at least 15 minutes a day. I am asking that you input the estimated amount of time in minutes that your child reads daily and initial the reading log every night.
- Spelling-We will be working on decoding and encoding -all words.
- Spelling Unit 12.1 Words of the Week 1-10: (call, mall, small, stall, wall, baseball, basketball, hallway, fallen, taller)
- No Spelling test this week!
- April Reading Book Responses –Two reading response activity sheets are due Tuesday, April 30th your child may select two reading response activity sheets of their choice. Please be sure they choose appropriate kind of reading response (fiction or non-fiction).
- Math Nightly Homework Routine: Students are expected to be responsible for completing their homework each night and returning it the next day. If you ever have any questions while working with your child, please jot a note on the paper and send it in. Some students are quite responsible and will take to this routine very easily while others will need more help. Study math facts for 10 minutes (+ and -)
- Mathletics Online Learning Resource Access –Children have received their username and password for this web-based program, please keep his/her username and password in a safe place. This is a fun learning resource that children may use during his/her spare.
- Math Fact Quizzes: In order to improve our students’ basic addition and subtraction facts, your child will take weekly quizzes for practice and review.
- NO Math timed test this week!
- Behavioral Log- Children should return their daily behavior chart logs every day, please sign and return!
- Regular School Uniform policy: consists of ties for boys and for chilly days school sweaters for both girls and boys.
- Sweaters/Vests/ties –All clothing should be labeled with your child’s name.
- RICE BOWLS: Collection of CRS rice bowls are due Tuesday, April 16th!.
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR APRIL:
EASTER EGG HUNT: Monday, April 15th!
EASTER HAT PARADE: Tuesday, April 16th at 2:oop.m.
EASTER RECESS BEGINS: Thursday, April 18th -Sunday, April 28th
School Resumes: Monday, April 29th (NUT CARD DAY)
HCJ SCIENCE ANNUAL FAIR: Monday, May 13, 2019
Science topics and oral presentations due: Wednesday, May 1st -Friday, May 3rd!