Monday, November 20, 2017 – Tuesday, November 21, 2017 8:00-3:00
Wednesday, November 22, 2017 12:00 Dismissal – No After school Program!
- Welcome to the first grade homework page, it’s going to be a great year full of new friends, new adventures, and new discoveries.
Important reminders of the week:
- 11/20 THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE ENDS TODAY- We have collected non-perishable food items. The items included: peanut butter, jelly, pasta, sauce, and Mac and Cheese.
- 11/20 Thanksgiving Pie Pick-up – Please pick up your orders in front of gym doors at dismissal today.
- Daily Home Reading Log: Part of the homework grade is for your child to read at least 15 minutes a day. I am asking that you input the estimated amount of time in minutes that your child reads daily and initial the reading log every night.
- Superkids Oral Reading Assessments will take place this week – Parents will receive their child’s “Just Right,” Reading Level during report card night. Continue to encourage your child to read every night!
- November Reading Response Logs: Two reading response logs are due by Thursday, November 30th.
- Math Fact Quizzes: In order to improve our students’ basic addition and subtraction facts, a math flashcard set will be sent home each Monday. Please use the flashcards during the week to help your child study and memorize math facts. On Fridays, students will take a timed math quiz on the addition or subtraction focus of the week.
- NO MATH FACT QUIZ THIS WEEK – There will be no Math timed test this week and Chapter 3 Math test has been rescheduled to Thursday, November 30th.
- Mathletics Online Learning Resource Access –Children have received their username and password for this web-based program, please keep his/her username and password in a safe place. This is a fun learning resource that children may use during his/her spare time.
- Behavioral Log- Children should return their daily behavior chart logs every day, please sign and place it back in your child’s folder.
- Sweaters –All clothing should be labeled with your child’s name.
- Shoparoo App – Help our school earn points and rewards by downloading this free app and snapping your receipts. Join me in fundraising today! http://www.shoparoo.com/r/nap99999 Our school code is:nap9999
- Christmas Tree Decorating –We will be decorating our Classroom Christmas Tree this Tuesday, November 21st. If you would like your child to bring in just one special ornament or candy cane to hang on the tree, please kindly do so. I will be taking some special pictures.
- Read for 15 minutes
- Phonics workbook pages 39-40
- Go Math Homework and Practice Lesson 3.10 (Add 3 Numbers) worksheet pages 189-190
Reminder: Gym Day- Wear your gym uniform and sneakers! Bring your ornament, candy cane, or special surprise for the Class Christmas Tree!
- Read for 15 minutes
- Handwriting workbook pages 34-37 (Writing Numerals) 4 pages
- Go Math Homework and Practice Lesson 3.11(Add 3 Numbers) worksheet pages 195-196
Wednesday 11/22/2017 -12:00 Dismissal – No after school program!
- Christmas Angel Project submitted today!
Thursday & Friday 11/23-11/24/2017 School Closed!
Happy Thanksgiving to all, may God continue to bless you always!
Enjoy your break!
Monday – Spanish –
Tuesday -Physical Education (Students are to wear gym uniform and sneakers on Tuesday’s)
Thursday – Stem Lab or Class iPad Engagement Day
Friday – Computer/Music