Class 1-1 Mrs. Santamaria
Please click below on updated weekly homework sheet.
Week of Monday, December 10th -Friday, December 14, 2018
School Hours 8:00a.m.-3:00p.m.
Welcome to the first grade homework page, it’s going to be a great year full of new friends, new adventures, and new discoveries.
Schedule for Weekly Specials: *all special subjects or activities are subject to change without notice
Important reminders of the week:
- Daily Home Reading Logs due: Monday, December 10th!
- Daily Home Reading Reminder: Part of the homework grade is for your child to read at least 15 minutes a day. I am asking that you input the estimated amount of time in minutes that your child reads daily and initial the reading log every night
- We will work on pattern words that end in /ed and memory words 1-10 (jumped, yelled, bumped, smelled, look, for, was, your, are, one)
- Spelling test on pattern words ending in /ed and memory words: Friday, December 14th!
- December Reading Book Responses –Two reading response activity sheets are due Friday, December 21st, your child may select two reading response activity sheets of their choice. Please be sure they choose appropriate kind of reading response (fiction or non-fiction).
- Math Nightly Homework Routine: Students are expected to be responsible for completing their homework each night and returning it the next day. If you ever have any questions while working with your child, please jot a note on the paper and send it in. Some students are quite responsible and will take to this routine very easily while others will need more help. Study math facts for 10 minutes (+ and -)
- Mathletics Online Learning Resource Access –Children have received their username and password for this web-based program, please keep his/her username and password in a safe place. This is a fun learning resource that children may use during his/her spare.
- Math Fact Quizzes: In order to improve our students’ basic addition and subtraction facts, your child will take weekly quizzes for practice and review.
- MATH FACT QUIZ: Friday 12/14
- MATH CHAPTER 4 Test on Subtraction Strategies: Monday, December 10th!
- Behavioral Log- Children should return their daily behavior chart logs every day, please sign and return!
- Regular School Uniform policy: consists of ties for boys and for chilly days school sweaters for both girls and boys.
- Sweaters/Vests/ties –All clothing should be labeled with your child’s name.
- NUT CARD Tuesday 12/11
- Pizza Sale Order Due: Thursday 12/13 for Pizza Lunch Friday 12/14
Upcoming Events this week:
- $1 Dress Down Monday – 12/17
- Christmas Class Party –12/20 at 1:30 more to follow
- Christmas School Play –12/21 at 10;30 more to follow Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!