2019 – 2020
Home Academy Association Executive Members
Bill McComb ~ President
Norma Vasquez ~ Vice-President
Theresa McLoughlin ~ Recording Secretary
Stephen Hundiak ~ Corresponding Secretary
Parent Newsletters: September ~ septiembre
The Home Academy Association (HAA) is comprised of the parents or legal guardians of the students at Holy Child Jesus Catholic Academy in partnership with the administration, faculty and staff. The mission of the Home Academy Association is to support and enrich the educational endeavors of the academy.
In a faith-based environment dedicated to the education of our students, the HAA must mirror the tradition, standards, and teachings of the Catholic faith. Through fund raising, teacher recognition, support, and school improvements, the organization works to promote a connection from home to academy. It is the objective and duty of the HAA to keep in mind the welfare of the students with regard to all issues. This includes:
– Provide spiritual opportunities and fellowship to develop a strong and meaningful Christian community among academy families, faculty, and administration.
– Provide a vehicle of communication between parents and the academy.
– Plan and coordinate fund-raising activities.
– Provide interesting and informative programs relevant to the needs of the academy community.
– Promote and provide opportunities of community service for students.
– Create a greater appreciation for Catholic education.
All parents and guardians of students of Holy Child Jesus Catholic Academy are members of the HAA and are encouraged to actively participate in the activities of the HAA.
The HAA will be overseen by the Principal. The Principal will designate a teacher as the education liaison to the HAA.
The HAA structure will include the following officers: President, Vice President, and Secretary.