Nurse’s Number- 718-846-0741
Pre-K For All Office Number- 718-846-0912
Donna Rogers email- email@example.com
April’s unit will focus on plant life. We will be discussing and exploring where we find plants, how plants grow, the differences and similarities of a variety of flowers and plants, parts of a plant and their functions, why they are important to us and foods we eat from farms.
Please take the time to discuss the sub topics listed above
Below, are some ideas on how you can reinforce the theme…
- Observe and discuss different types of plants in your house or community as well as plant/ plant foods we see in supermarkets. Take pictures of them. Ask children what they know about plants (ex, what do they need to grow? what parts of the plant do you see?).
- Discuss what kinds of plants including fruits and vegetables that you and your family eat daily.
- Plant seeds for a garden or in a pot with your child. Take pictures of the stages of grow. Discuss the changes you observe as the seeds grow.
- Ask your child why farms and farmers are important to the community.
- Visit a plant nursey or farm to reinforce concepts learned in class.
- Read books about plants and flowers.
- Parents are always welcome to visit our class to read a theme related book, show children plants they have grown or plants that are grown in their native countries.
Thank you for your continued support.
- Please see important dates below.
- Thursday, April 4th- Planting Event during school hours for the children
- Sunday, April 7th- Rummage Sale
- Monday, April 15th – Egg hunt
- Homemade Spring Hats due 11th- More information to follow
- Tuesday, April 16th Spring Hat Parade- More information to follow
- Wednesday, Spring Party in class
- Spring Recess- Thursday, April 18th – April 28th