FLU SHOT DUE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, DECEMBER 10th, 2019
Nurse’s Number- 718-846-0741
Pre-K For All Office Number- 718-846-0912
Donna Rogers email- email@example.com
Dear Pre- K -4 Families,
October’s unit will focus on our five senses. In this unit we will be exploring using our senses through a variety of exploration and play. We will also talk about the importance of staying safe and how senses are can help us do that. In addition, we will be discussing how life might be different for people who do not see or hear well. Please take some time to discuss the sub topics listed above.
Below, are some ideas on how you can reinforce the theme of our five senses…
Take a sensory walk together. Talk to your child about what they see, hear, smell, and feel.
Encourage your child to discuss how they can use their senses to stay safe when walking outside (holding your hand when crossing the street or identifying items they shouldn’t touch) or when they are in the house (ex. what to do if they hear the smoke alarm, identifying things not to touch in the house).
Invite your child to smell or taste a new food or something they would not usually eat. Provide prompts to initiate discussion, how does it look? What do you see? How does it taste? How does it smell? Would you try it again?
Create meals together.
Discuss the ingredients and the senses you use to prepare your meal
Parents are always welcome to visit our class to read a book or coinciding with our theme. If you are interested, please write me a note in your child’s notebook and we can set up a date and time.
Thank you for your continued support.
Please see important dates below…
- • Rummage Sale – Friday, October 4th
- School is CLOSED on Monday, October 14th for Columbus Day.
• Class Picture Day- Wednesday, October 16th
• Individual Picture Day- Thursday, October 17th- (More information to follow)
- Wear Orange to school- unity Day
• Pre-K is CLOSED Wednesday, October 30th- Teacher’s Professional Development
• October 31st children will celebrate Halloween with their classmates (more information to follow)
• October 31st -Pre-K Halloween parade NO MASKS OR HIGH HEELS- 1:30- (more information will be sent home)