April Health Screening below form changes each month!
Stay safe and healthy.
This month we will be learning all about plants! We will even plant seeds and watch them grow, explain what plants do for us, what food they give us and how they help the environment. We will discuss and practice taking care of plants and our Earth!
Essential Question: How do Plants grow and why are they important?
- What are plants?
- What do plants need and where do we find them?
- What are some different kinds of plants?
- Why are plants important?
Vocabulary: botanist, botany, bouquet, branch, bud, bulb, bush, cactus, compost, courtyard, dirt, edible, environment, evergreen, fabric, farm, farmer, field, floral arrangement, florist, flower, food, forester, fruit, garden, gardener, grass, greenhouse, ground, grow, habitat, harvest, herbs, landscape, lawn, leaves, medicine, nature, nursery, nutrients, park, patio, petals, plant, pollen, rain, roots, seaweed, seed, seedling, shade, shelter, soil, sprinkler, sprout, stem, succulent, sunlight, terrarium, tree, trunk, vegetables, vegetarian, vegetation, vine, water, water lily, watering can, weeds, wood, yard
- Please go over your child’s name and their letters in their name. A well as numbers 1-20
- ****Daily Health Screening changes monthly! Please be sure to fill it out daily even if you child is absent!!
- If you are going to be absent, please email of call the office to let us know: 718-846-0912
- Monday April 12th- School resumes
- Thursday April 22nd- Earth Day!
Teacher: Ms. Burns
Assistant: Mrs. C
Arrival: 8:15 am
Dismissal: 2:35 pm
Other Important Reminders/Information
- If your child is NOT feeling well. PLEASE KEEP HIM OR HER HOME
- Children must wear masks when they enter the building
- Please label EVERYTHING you send in with your child (school supplies, coats, hats, etc.)
- Folders and communication notebooks should be checked DAILY and must be brought to school every day. This is important and is our means of communication.
- Arrival and Dismissal– Students may not arrive at school before 8:15 AM. Arrival and dismissal will be located BY THE GYM DOORS at 2:35 PM. Please be on time.
- Absent notes– when your child returns to school from an absence, please send in with an absent note including the day and reason for absence.
- Breakfast and lunch- Provided for your child each day. Let us know about dietary restriction and allergies as soon a s possible
- Change of Clothes– please send in a change of clothes including underwear and socks in zip lock bag labeled with your child’s name.
- Large Beach /Bath Towel or light blanket and Crib Sheet– please label these items with your child’s name. These items will stay in school Monday- Friday and be returned home on Friday to be CLEANED and returned
PreK phone number: 718.846.0912 (Mrs. Tellstone- Supervisor)
Nurse’s phone number: 718.846. 0741
April’s Unit of Study is Plants. On the attached paper plate, please create the life cycle of the plant. Below is a photo you can use!
Due April 12th!
Please remember that the purpose of these Family Projects is not only to have fun with your family, but also to encourage speaking and listening skills. For every project, children will present to the class and talk about how their family worked together. Learning to be an audience and ask questions or share compliments and comments are also important skills
Here is all the updated Zoom information
Ms. Burns and Mrs. C information: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 9:30 am
Zoom ID: 309 236 3983
Zoom password: 1weHeB
Gym- Coach Jay Zoom information: Wednesday’s @9:30 AM
Zoom ID: 769 663 7616
Zoom password: pelive
Art- Mrs. Agatha Zoom information: Friday’s @9:30 AM
Zoom ID: 480 462 7266
Zoom password: artalert
Please join our Class Dojo classroom: https://www.classdojo.com/invite/?c=CLXWKJT
Please be assured we are taking all the safety precautions to keep your child and the school staff healthy and safe. Health screenings will be part of the daily arrival process ( health questions, temperature check) . Please adhere to social distancing protocols when waiting for your child’s teacher outside and wear a mask.
Ms. Burns – Prek-3 Schedule
8:15-8:30 Arrival / Sign In
8:50-9:00 Morning Meeting
9:00-10:15 Center Time
10:15-11:15 Gross Motor
11:15-11:30 Read Aloud
12:15-1:15 Rest Time
1:15-2:15 Center Time
2:15-2:35 Pack Up / Dismissal
Gym- Wednesdays 1:15-1:45 pm
Art- Fridays 11:15-11:45am