PreK phone number: 718.846.0912
Nurse’s phone number: 718.846. 0741
Welcome to PreK 3 and the 2018-2019 school year!
June’s unit is transformation. We will explore and discuss what transformation is, changes in nature and our lives, including going to kindergarten.
June 20th- Stepping Up ceremony at 10:30. More info to be sent home.
June 18th- Classroom celebration. Memo will be sent home.
June 13th- Last day of religion classes.
Each month we will focus on a specific theme. You will receive a monthly letter informing you of the theme and suggestions on how you can reinforce the theme at home. Family engagement activities will be incorporated in each theme and will be sent home as well.
Please make sure you check and empty your child’s folder and notebook daily.
Children are welcome to bring in age appropriate books that correspond to the month’s theme.
Please make sure that you label everything with your child’s name on it.
– one change of clothes in a labeled ziploc bag (socks, pants, shirt , underwear)
– a large backpack – please label
– a folder labeled with your child’s name
– a notebook ( this will be used as a communication notebook between teacher and parent on a daily basis)- please label
– a sheet or small blanket labeled in a ziploc bag
Please check your child’s folder daily as important information / updates are sent home.
Please practice zippering /buttoning your child’s jacket with him/her.
Please send in ANY money in a marked, sealed envelope with your child’s name on it and what it is for.